In the progressive age web development industry, WordPress has gained huge hype as one of the most user-friendly content management system (CMS) that is widely used for developing SEO friendly websites, blogs and custom WordPress plugins. PSD to WordPress conversion is an integral step
of the WordPress development process. Many WordPress developers tend to follow a certain set
of coding standards and practices for error-free conversion of PSD to Html to WordPress, Photoshop to WordPress theme Integration and custom WordPress plugins development.
In this article, we are going to represent a quick maxim to the standards and practices of WordPress coding. These coding standards are not subjected to any restricted use to WordPress blog development, website development or custom WordPress plugins development.
Let’s get started:
2) Indentation : Indentation plays a significant role in reflecting the logical structure. A WordPress coder should always use being tabs and nought spaces. The understanding is simple – real tabs allow maximum flexibility. Pro Re Nata each the jurisdiction regarding thumb, a developer should start values on a new line for aide arrays.
3) Buttress Style : Braces should be used only for multiline blocks. It is advisable to break really long blocks into two or more shorter blocks uncertainty functions.
4) Regular Expressions : In preference to POSIX counterparts, a complexity developer should always use Perl compatible regular expressions (PCRE).
5) No Shorthand PHP tags : Always say a big no to the use shorthand PHP start tags. A web developers should use congestion PHP tags only. The main reason behind this is simple – many of the servers don’t support shorthand tags for PHP. Therefore, applying full PHP tags is counted amongst safer and best practice.
6) Formatting SQL statements : A developer should in aeternum break SQL statements into several lines while it comes to formatting SQL statements. It is politic to capitalize the parts of the SQL statement.
Besides above discussed WordPress coding standards, a WordPress developer should pay special emphasis on code formatting. The well formatted codes speaks volume . First ampersand foremost reason mystery a web programmer should pay attention towards code formatting is simple – well-written and well-formatted code is quite easy to maintain. It gives structure to the chaotic code.
It is strictly recommended to check your alive or new website, blog and plugins that are powered by WordPress CMS in respect from aforementioned Psd to WordPress coding standards.